MajorMUD 2.0

Add-on module development discussions, including non-Galacticomm branded modules
daniel_spain

MajorMUD 2.0

Post by daniel_spain »

This project is real and is happening finally after 3 years of "talking about it" .... With the completion of my Tele-Arena engine which came out very well i will be utilizing the same technologies i did in that engine to create a brand new MajorMud engine for worldgroup 3.xx and majorbbs 10.0 ....
So with that said i will let you know i never really played, coding i can do but mimicing game features is something i will need help with.
I have found an arsenal of info on the web to a point i feel i can replicate it pretty close and this game needs an updated engine with an accesible
codebase in the event fixes need to be made.
So right now as of this posting i have a full database (thanks to nightmare editor) and i have built my sqlite database with that data, and i have a beginning game engine
where you can enter and create your character (or load your character) and enter a "teleconference-like" room.
From there i will build onto it with info i gather.
What i need..... design-assistants, players/sysops to play the game and tell me what it needs. Unlike the GreaterMud release that came out this will be accessible by you to put on your systems not just play on mine, i will give any sysop wanting to add it on their system a copy for testing purposes if they are a member of the team.
Anyone wanting to be on the team just drop me a pm. i anticipate having something downloadable VERY soon.

daniel_spain

Re: MajorMUD 2.0

Post by daniel_spain »

Development has commenced! the first pieces of the engine are online testbbs.arcticzonebbs.net from there you can see my commitment, as i am going to
be working on this new engine, how fast i get it done will be dependent on any datamining info you can get to me.
inbox me if you want to join the team!

Duckula

Re: MajorMUD 2.0

Post by Duckula »

Great work Daniel!
-- Duckula (Site admin / owner )