Tele-Arena Game Engine 1.0

Tele-Arena discussions
daniel_spain

Tele-Arena Game Engine 1.0

Post by daniel_spain »

so I ported my very own sqlite 5.6 port of the original game into a full-scaled customizable game engine.
now this game is for the sysop wanting deep customization. anything that was hard-coded in the original
is now in its own editable database table as well as the original content you used to be able to edit with
message files or the TAEDIT windows-based editor and everything is stored in a single sqlite database
to keep the bistro clean and with very little files.
out of the box it installs with the exact data that cam e in the 5.6d gold release from Sean Ferrell in
1996 and is ready to play. Using the new "help editor" command you can do the following:

!races - edit the races
!classes - editor the classes
!editor - enter the game editor
!mapedit - use the walk-and-edit map editor

this game is done and is feature complete. think of me and the developer just awaiting word from the publisher to go.
you can see this in action on a test server at testbbs.arcticzonebbs.net and if you want editor access to see the editor
in action send me an email on the Sysop account requesting it and who you are here.

daniel_spain

Re: Tele-Arena Game Engine 1.0

Post by daniel_spain »

i have implemented a feature requested by the testing team..... Arenas now have a configurable list of up to 10 monsters that will spawn with the gong ring.
also barrier types, treasure types, trap types, and transport types have names so you do not have to know the # to use when editing and can pull a list by typing ? from the edit option.

Duckula

Re: Tele-Arena Game Engine 1.0

Post by Duckula »

Great work Dan! Looking forward to seeing it released.
-- Duckula (Site admin / owner )