Tele-Arena Classic For WG3

Tele-Arena discussions
daniel_spain

Tele-Arena Classic For WG3

Post by daniel_spain »

anyone that knows me and has known me since 2006 knows this is my baby. this is the engine that evolved for so many years and eventually became the base engine used to create all my Tele-Arena projects to date. As a matter of fact the source code to this very game is the codebase that the Tele-Arena Game Engine is forked from. Now what is it? it is simply the "original" tele-arena version 5.6d gold created for Worldgroup 3.xx that uses an sqlite database to store all of the game data. Now this was created before I created the TAEDIT extension that allowed in-game editing but out of the box you can play the original game as out was played in the 90's an d if you wan t to edit content, just use a simple sqlite database editor and do so with no problems.
Personally I do not see a reason to "release" this since the Tele-Arena Game Engine is built from this, but hey once I have the green
lights I got no problem letting you install this on your system.

daniel_spain

Re: Tele-Arena Classic For WG3

Post by daniel_spain »

Tele-Arena Classic 5.22 is now available on the test server for testing. Address is testbbs.arcticzonebbs.net .... Classic is modeled after Tele-Arena 5.6d Gold with no modifications. This engine is 3 years in the making with the goal to provide Sysops running the windows based Worldgroup bbs the ability to have a Tele-Arena game to run on their system. You are encouraged to test the game and have some fun at the same time as this game is "feature complete" meaning all the code is done and only changes that will be made now are any fixes for problems you encounter and it makes use of my dynamic update system that allows me to submit updates to take place at cleanup with no interruption to the players. I will key up to 5 players (no duplicate accounts will be keyed) which will give you the ability to access the Sysop commands which can let you test a little deeper. Have fun! Platinum, Warfare, and Reborn will be coming soon!

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

With the release of 5.30 I made a huge change but it is configurable via level 4 config.....

So if you have user versus user combat turned on or off, monsters will now follow those same rules.
If you have user combat disabled, and a hunter leaves a dragon at the gates, it will no longer attack
users, or if you have user combat turned on, it will follow the users combat rules set forth in level
4 config. one of those options can turn this behavior modifier off or on. so if it is off it will act
like normal and attack any user that is in the room, but turning it on will prevent users from
stacking controlled creatures in a room to kill users.
If you disable users combat altogether, you can still set if a monster can attack users if they under
usere control or not. This was added to give you another way of customizing user combat in your
game and preventing grieving. but it is just an option you can disable all of this and the game will run
like the original.

Another feature being added in 5.30 is the ability to make resurrection cost gold versus credits.
You can still leave credits to on like the original or you can set it to allow gold for resurrection
which means the gold would need to be in the bank vault. Also an added feature is you can turn
resurrection charges off completely and allow all resurrections to be free.

these are the only major changes in the 5.30 update which is the last update before the in-game editor system
will be added which really allows you to go nuts and build your own game with hassle-free editing.

Specin

Post by Specin »

It seems to be impossible to train after you've promoted on the version of Tele-Arena Classic that is running on the alpha of MBBSv10. Trying to do so says "You are not ready for any further training until you promote to the next level."

Unless it's intentionally disabled or the experience tables changed. Otherwise it's exactly as I remember, good work!

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Specin wrote:
> It seems to be impossible to train after you've promoted on the version of
> Tele-Arena Classic that is running on the alpha of MBBSv10. Trying to do so
> says "You are not ready for any further training until you promote to
> the next level."
>
> Unless it's intentionally disabled or the experience tables changed.
> Otherwise it's exactly as I remember, good work!

seems like a bug, ill fix it.

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Specin wrote:
> It seems to be impossible to train after you've promoted on the version of
> Tele-Arena Classic that is running on the alpha of MBBSv10. Trying to do so
> says "You are not ready for any further training until you promote to
> the next level."
>
> Unless it's intentionally disabled or the experience tables changed.
> Otherwise it's exactly as I remember, good work!

submitted an updated DLL... thanks!

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Updated DLL applied at alpha.themajorbbs.com
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

Specin

Post by Specin »

Now trying to train displays the message "Sorry, but this DEMO version of Tele-Arena limits you to level 6. Please encourage your Sysop to purchase the full version."

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Specin wrote:
> Now trying to train displays the message "Sorry, but this DEMO version
> of Tele-Arena limits you to level 6. Please encourage your Sysop to
> purchase the full version."

@Duckula - need to reenter code due to the new MSG file.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

@Dan - sent you a PM requesting a code as the previous version of TACL I had did not require one.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner