Global Control

Add-on module development discussions, including non-Galacticomm branded modules
daniel_spain

Global Control

Post by daniel_spain »

so i ported my global control addon (which originated on wg2 as a global command addon) and i converted it into a complete global control panel where sysops can enable or disable any of the systems which allow you to have:

Global Actions - teleconference like actions from anywhere on the system
Global Announcer - logon/logoff notifications, can even allow customizable messages
Global Chat - global chat channels where users can talk to each other regardless of bbs location
Global Commands - like it sounds, several commands usable from anywhere on the system
Global Macros - customizable macros usable from anywhere (great for games like ta/mmud)
Global Messenger - allows users to send/receive messages from anywhere on the system
Global Registry - customizable registry system where sysops create the fields they want
Global Sysop - complete sysop operations from anywhere on the system
Global Teleconference - a main public bbs chat channel where ALL users can talk to each other from anywhere on the bbs

[DISABLED] Global Trivia - this exists but is disabled right now until i can figure out a few things
[DISABLED] Global Dice - yeah yeah it was a global Yahtzee game that my users enjoyed

each sub-system above has its own set of config options allowing you to completely customize it to fit your system
and the best thing of all is it can run side by side with any other global package out there allowing you to only use
the sub-system you want and even other global packages with it.

the disabled systems.... Trivia i created a standalone trivia addon so i stopped using it but if interest is there i could reenable it and the Dice game was something my Tele-Arena users would play just for fun so it was more of a custom-system thing but again, if interest is there.

I will release a package soon, for me it is all working great and has been for years but once other eyes get on it ya never know what could actually be broken.

Aceboy

Re: Global Control

Post by Aceboy »

Is this the same as your Global Control v4.10 that I bought off you 8 or 9 years ago?
==============
The DarkSide BBS
darksidebbs.com

daniel_spain

Re: Global Control

Post by daniel_spain »

Aceboy wrote:
> Is this the same as your Global Control v4.10 that I bought off you 8 or 9
> years ago?

way better. it is now a global control panel. it is loaded with global commands, global actions, global chat, logon/logoff notification, macros, and a global registry. each option can be toggled on/off so you can choose which options you want on the system.