major mud

Game development for MBBS/WG
banjaxster

major mud

Post by banjaxster »

Does anyone know if major mud will run on the new ver 10 of mbbs or having it running?
I am curious to hear if it works ok and also if the majormud utilities run ok

Duckula

Re: major mud

Post by Duckula »

MajorMUD is running fine on the official demo system (bbs.themajorbbs.com) which is v10.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

I'm getting error messages several times a day which the galexcep.out log shows are coming from MajorMUD. Checked the audit log and whatever it's doing is causing the BBS to reboot about every 3-4 hours. If they can't figure out why and fix it, I'll probably reset to WG 3.2.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

It is strange that you are having issues, the demo BBS has been running for months without any problems averaging about 20 MMud players concurrently.

Is it happening at a particular part of the game? Can you replicate exactly what is causing it?
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

I'll look at it when I get home. I posted about it a couple weeks ago and Dan asked me to send him the galexcep.out but haven't heard anything back yet. At first I thought it was just giving error messages but not affecting anything else. But looking further I found that it was actually shutting down and restarting. I know everyone playing and don't believe anyone is doing anything deliberately, and it appears to be random. Different commands, etc.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Out of interest is it a modified realm or stock? The demo system is completely stock and I am wondering if that has something to do with it.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Nope it's totally stock.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Can you PM me and I will get you to send me some log files so I can take a closer look.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

banjaxster

Post by banjaxster »

What os are you using thats causing the errors?