WGSUP.BAT

Chat, tips, tricks and help for Veteran Sysops
BlaZ

WGSUP.BAT

Post by BlaZ »

Where does Major BBS pull the data it uses to regenerate WGSUP.BAT? I can put "ELWTOP SFACC" into that batch file to load my global commands package first, but that line disappears whenever the file regenerates.

It keeps adding in the MajorMUD check, so I just need to figure out where it pulls that from.

BlaZ

daniel_spain

Re: WGSUP.BAT

Post by daniel_spain »

BlaZ wrote:
> Where does Major BBS pull the data it uses to regenerate WGSUP.BAT? I can
> put "ELWTOP SFACC" into that batch file to load my global
> commands package first, but that line disappears whenever the file
> regenerates.
>
> It keeps adding in the MajorMUD check, so I just need to figure out where
> it pulls that from.
>
>
> BlaZ

wgscleanup.bat is a static file that runs at cleanup.

wgsup.bat is created when system goes online, recreated on event.

to load modules in specific order the file is wgserv.cfg where DLL= APP= and MSG= are your order counts.
so to load globals first in my case i put DLL=ARCGLO first directly after NLINGO=2

BlaZ

Post by BlaZ »

Great! Thanks! I figured there was an easier way to do it than what I was trying.

BlaZ

Post by BlaZ »

Following up here. Just as manually changing WGSUP.BAT was not static, neither was editing WGSERV.CFG. As soon as changes were made, it moved the globals package back into alphabetical order.

However, I did manage to figure out the answer to my original question, thereby actually making this thing static. In my globals pack's MDF file (SFACC.MDF), I added the line: "WGS UP: elwtop SFACC". Now whenever the WGSUP.BAT is regenerated, it adds that line in for me.

"elwtop" is Elwynor's port of the old HVSTOP utility for Major BBS. I believe all it is doing is just modifying the WGSERV.CFG file. However, like I say, this is the only way I have found to keep the change static.