Teleconference ghosting bug

Chat, tips, tricks and help for Veteran Sysops
BlaZ

Teleconference ghosting bug

Post by BlaZ »

I have been meaning to report this for a long time, although it's probably a known issue. Whenever you use the WL/ML Teleconference and someone uses a module that "removes" the person from the teleconference without them actually typing "x", it will ghost their account in the Teleconference even if that person logs off the BBS.

I first noticed this with "The Major Jail" INFMJ. If you "arrest" a person while they're in the teleconference, they can not come back into the teleconference until the BBS is shut down or cleanup runs. It continues to show them as "in the channel" with you.

Today I saw this happen again when someone used ELWAFK and then hung up before "un-AFKing" themselves. Their account was ghosted in the Teleconference and they weren't able to enter again.

Obviously this isn't an INFMJ issue, but a Teleconference issue. Therefore I feel confortable reporting it now. I guess (knowing nothing about the dll itself) the solution would be to remove any account from the teleconference that isn't still online. Is this something that's possible? And is it something that can be done relatively easily?

BlaZ

BlaZ

Re: Teleconference ghosting bug

Post by BlaZ »

To expand on this bug a bit--just noticed something else accidentally. If anyone logs onto the channel # that the ghosted teleconference account WAS on, they get all the messages the ghosted account is receiving via Teleconference regardless of where they are on the BBS or their level of access. If I send a whisper to the ghosted account, it will tell whoever is on that channel (no matter who it is) that i am whispering to "you". It's VERY weird. Happy to help recreate it for anyone who wants to see it.

BlaZ

Duckula

Re: Teleconference ghosting bug

Post by Duckula »

I will gather more information from you in Teleconference and we can look into it.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner