got v10 up and running, but can only have 2 active TCP/IP sessions at a time?

A place for new Sysops to meet, discuss their setup and get help.
skewed

got v10 up and running, but can only have 2 active TCP/IP sessions at a time?

Post by skewed »

First off, thanks for making v10! I had been thinking of trying to do this to play old bbs games with my dad. I got v10 up an running on Windows 64 in less than an hour, no major problems with setup. I'm somewhat familiar with the process after helping a friend run WG 3.2 to play MajorMud, but that was almost a decade ago on Windows 7. Here's my problem at this point:

The bbs seems to run fine, but it's limited to two TCP/IP sessions for some reason. I tried to change the number of incoming Telnet calls to accept in the General Setup, but it was already set way higher (250?), and setting it to 15 didn't change anything. The exact message I get when an additional user tries to log on is "Sorry there are already 2 active TCP/IP sessions on this system. Please try again later." I'm sure I'm just missing some setting. Any ideas?

Duckula

Re: got v10 up and running, but can only have 2 active TCP/IP sessions at a time?

Post by Duckula »

Hi,

You need to set the number of channels in the Hardware setup, by default it is set to 2. If you change group #1 TCP/IP channels to FF that will be 255.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

skewed

Re: got v10 up and running, but can only have 2 active TCP/IP sessions at a time?

Post by skewed »

That fixed it, thanks!