MBBS10 clean install

Support for MBBS v10
hdt

MBBS10 clean install

Post by hdt »

Hi All,

I don't know if it's just me or a bug. I've done a clean install of MBBS v10 on a Windows 10 x86 VM and an error saying "INIT: Unable to read value softwarekeyProd (Error -1) when I install any add-ons with the gui install wizard (setup.exe). I've installed WGSERV 3.20 and the setup wizard ran without any issues.

Duckula

Re: MBBS10 clean install

Post by Duckula »

To clarify, is it the installation of MBBS that fails or when trying to install an add-on? If it is add-on related, what add-on?
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

hdt

Post by hdt »

MBBS installs without any errors. This is when I try to install any add-on module for WG3NT that has a setup.exe. Tried BladeMaster, MajorMUD and the newsroom and they all have the same error.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

That is because those installers don't work under Windows 10. You need to manually extract the files for those add-ons. You can use a tool such as ICOMP to decompress the file containing the data and place them in the MBBS directory. See below example for MajorMUD:

Running "icomp WCCMMUD.Z c:\bbsv10\ -d -i -o" should work (assuming your MBBS is installed in c:\bbsv10

You will then need to setup/configure MMUD, including your activation code.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

hdt

Post by hdt »

Thanks. I found a program call uniextract that can extract the files for all the 16bit installers.