FidoNet Addon?

Add-on module development discussions, including non-Galacticomm branded modules
nessenj

FidoNet Addon?

Post by nessenj »

Just out of curiosity, Fidonet and various other networks are still alive and kicking. I am aware of at least 2 addons that handled this functionality. Are there any plans to port those over to v10? I may be in the minority here when it comes to running FidoNet and other FidoNet based networks, but it would be great to have this included so I don't have to run a 2nd system (Mystic) just to handle these.

Thanks!

Jim
[NerdTower]
Sysop of CCX BBS
bbs.ccxbbs.net

BlaZ

Re: FidoNet Addon?

Post by BlaZ »

I think the problem is that both of those modules' codes are lost. Someone would have to pretty much write one from scratch I think. (ga looks at BadOPCode) :)

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Blaz is correct, we don't own those modules or have the code to them to port so it would be a new project.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

nessenj

Post by nessenj »

Duckula wrote:
> Blaz is correct, we don't own those modules or have the code to them to
> port so it would be a new project.

Ok, thanks for the response. I will just keep doing things the way I am doing them today. :)

Jim
[NerdTower]
Sysop of CCX BBS
bbs.ccxbbs.net

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

We have for a long period of time tried to locate the creators of MjrFIDO and DBSMail in order to try and get access to the source, without any success. If you or anyone else is aware of how to find them please let me know.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner