Modules not showing

Chat, tips, tricks and help for Veteran Sysops
Montroze

Modules not showing

Post by Montroze »

Hi again, I have been trying to install modules from Rick's site. I copy the files intoi the WG server <dir> After adding to the MTree when going to the file/module option the new
files are not showing... any ideas? Thanks

BlaZ

Re: Modules not showing

Post by BlaZ »

It should list anything that's "enabled" in the WGSDMOD offline utility. Basically "enabled" means there's a (module).MDF file, and "disabled" means there's a (module).DMD file. Make sure you're copying in a .MDF file along with the .DLLs and .MSGs and whatnot. If there's no .MDF, the module will not be available in the menu tree editor.

Are the modules you have added showing up in the CNF utility (General Settings, Security & Accounting, etc)? They should be in alphabetical order by filename, so look in the "E" part of the alphabet.

BlaZ

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

No nothing is showing in the wgsdmod, just the regular programs but no modules. The .mdf files are in the files I pit into the main DIR. But no DMD files(?) Thanks!

BlaZ

Post by BlaZ »

The .DMD files would only exist if you had disabled the module in WGSDMOD. It just renames the .MDF to .DMD so the BBS knows not to load it. I have never seen the issue where the modules don't appear listed in WGSDMOD. Are you positive you're putting them into the right directory? All of the files should go in the root of MBBS (BBSV10 or WGSERV most likely).

Is your MBBS10 a fresh install, or an upgrade from WG3.2?

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

Just a clean install of WG3.2 ( I do have a wg2.0 system from the past.)

I think I found the problem, as soon as I can get the board to load again(did a reinstall of windows and wg3,2.

Frank Dux

Post by Frank Dux »

Ping me via PM if you need any assistance, we can jump into Discord and screen share if needed.

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Montroze wrote:
> Just a clean install of WG3.2 ( I do have a wg2.0 system from the past.)
>
> I think I found the problem, as soon as I can get the board to load
> again(did a reinstall of windows and wg3,2.

did you do an upgrade from the 2.0 -> 3.2?