adding games

A place for new Sysops to meet, discuss their setup and get help.
Jaenelle

adding games

Post by Jaenelle »

been playing on BBS's for years and just starting out running one. I have MBBS v10 installed, and working (I can telnet into it). after going through all the MBBS v10.DOC files, it seems that those are for people using the BBS, not for running it. I am not sure how to go about adding games to the BBS. I acquired Telearena from elwynor technologies, and am unsure where to put it inside MBBS directory. All the .DOC from the Telearena zip file says is that I put it in the server directory and add it to the menu. . . but not where inside the directory to put it, or how to add it to the menu. any assistance would be appreciated.

BlaZ

Re: adding games

Post by BlaZ »

You just put all those files into the main BBS directory.... probably BBSV10 for your setup.

Then run the Menu Tree Editor (WGSRUNMT.EXE) and you can add it to your menu there.

You can use the Major BBS 6.2 Sysop Manual located in the files section of www.themajorbbs.com for reference on things like the menu tree editor, or WGSDRAW (called BBSDRAW in that manual) which didn't change from the DOS to the NT versions.

Jaenelle

Re: adding games

Post by Jaenelle »

thx, that was the info I needed, worked great :)