Tele-Arena Platinum 2.0 Going Strong

Tele-Arena discussions
daniel_spain

Tele-Arena Platinum 2.0 Going Strong

Post by daniel_spain »

any players interested or even sysop wanting to get a hands on look come on out.
we had 57 players today and the engine chugged along almost perfectly.
got a huge update tonight at 3 that redesigned the Fae race into a casting
maniac! new sorceror magical combat system, monk combo strike attack
system, Update 5 going live tonight at 3!

bbs.arcticzonebbs.net

Questman

Re: Tele-Arena Platinum 2.0 Going Strong

Post by Questman »

Please help us test this -- the sooner we're happy with it, the sooner we can put it out for you to run!
Founder, The Major BBS Restoration Project
Owner, Elwynor Technologies ISV
Former Owner, Galacticomm IP (2005-2020)
Contributor, Galacticomm IP baseline

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Update 9 going in within the next few days.

Warrior skill lines streamlined, new warrior shout system, a full wow-like quest system for their promotion weapon, portal system for sorcerors, over 60 new additions. come out and enjoy bbs.arcticzonebbs.net join with the other 60 players online!

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Any updates on your progress? Still working well?
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Duckula wrote:
> Any updates on your progress? Still working well?

yeah its going great. i did make a decision to rework some class skills to balance them out and to increase the experience charts after the first promotion as well as rework 17 of the existing areas and add more rooms to them. The 2.2 update will be about a month or so away but it is gonna push the game to new heights.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Excellent.. let me know if you want it added to the official BBS that is being setup (along with any other modules you have).
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Duckula wrote:
> Excellent.. let me know if you want it added to the official BBS that is
> being setup (along with any other modules you have).

sweet. did rick get you any of the new Tele-Arena engines? im also redoing Legend of the Red dragon
as well as porting Usurper and Trade Wars. I'll definately get you a copy of Global Control
you can run it if ya want its free but can also put it up for download.

another thing i am working on is putting up a very large door server and letting worldgroup systems
rlogin in from anywhere by adding a system tag in front of the name ie: "ARC_Sysop" and "ZRG_Sysop" can
both be logged in from their own systems.

3rd thing i got going on is do you have the worldlink source? i have an "idea" using my own tele-arena engine
but allowing all the linked up systems to play together. Since TA came from a modded version of entertainment
teleconference why not mod the worldlink teleconference to do the same thing? multiple systems playing together
over the worldlink tech.

Questman

Post by Questman »

Worldlink actually has plug-ins to allow module / game development :)
Founder, The Major BBS Restoration Project
Owner, Elwynor Technologies ISV
Former Owner, Galacticomm IP (2005-2020)
Contributor, Galacticomm IP baseline

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Questman wrote:
> Worldlink actually has plug-ins to allow module / game development :)

figured it had to have some hooks somewhere i mean the WL-Teleconference essentially does what i want and im in the process of cleaning up my engine using my users feedback to optimize some things and i plan on digging in and having a look. i got this really really sweet mud/space/trader enormous game idea where when landed on planets you walk around and fight/interact like a traditional mud (majormud,tele-arena,etc) but when flying through space you fight in real-time against other ships (ship classes exist as well as 15 different type of arsenals for each) and when landed on a star port you trade like with trade-wars, you can also have your own planet which you have to stock with resources, etc.. and it too can generate stuff sort of like a civilization building game, anyhow..... i want there to be a nightly event that lasts 2 hours where each "linked-up" system can travel to an entirely new solar system that only is accessible during the event and it becomes a pvpve zone, no more planets, just all our aerial warfare in a 500 sector universe. it might be possible.

Gangrif

Post by Gangrif »

daniel_spain wrote:
> Questman wrote:
> > Worldlink actually has plug-ins to allow module / game development :)
>
> figured it had to have some hooks somewhere i mean the WL-Teleconference essentially
> does what i want and im in the process of cleaning up my engine using my users
> feedback to optimize some things and i plan on digging in and having a look. i got
> this really really sweet mud/space/trader enormous game idea where when landed on
> planets you walk around and fight/interact like a traditional mud
> (majormud,tele-arena,etc) but when flying through space you fight in real-time
> against other ships (ship classes exist as well as 15 different type of arsenals for
> each) and when landed on a star port you trade like with trade-wars, you can also
> have your own planet which you have to stock with resources, etc.. and it too can
> generate stuff sort of like a civilization building game, anyhow..... i want there to
> be a nightly event that lasts 2 hours where each "linked-up" system can
> travel to an entirely new solar system that only is accessible during the event and
> it becomes a pvpve zone, no more planets, just all our aerial warfare in a 500 sector
> universe. it might be possible.

Sounds like Star Trek Online. :D

So your WL game idea. Say you did that with TA, would every board need a copy of the same world then? I'm thinking about the custom edit/world capability you've added. If my game has some edits, or a completely custom world, how does that play with other boards? Or would it be a stock game only sort of thing?

I could imagine something where each board is its own realm. but that's not all that much different from how things are today, just a little more integrated.
[Nate][VeNoM][Gangrif]
SySop of The Underground BBS
bbs.undrground.org