SSL/SSH

Have an idea or suggestion for features to be included in the upcoming The Major BBS v10? Let us know here
Questman

SSL/SSH

Post by Questman »

SSL for web and other connections, SSH for terminal mode.
Founder, The Major BBS Restoration Project
Owner, Elwynor Technologies ISV
Former Owner, Galacticomm IP (2005-2020)
Contributor, Galacticomm IP baseline

daniel_spain

Re: SSL/SSH

Post by daniel_spain »

Questman wrote:
> SSL for web and other connections, SSH for terminal mode.

I see why Vircom made their own tcp stack (hint hint) as the current really makes you scratch your head.....
Rlogin has been around since like the 60s yet the worldgroup rlogin daemon will not accept the user
credentials to pass through I can intercept the buffer but no way to manipulate it to bypass the states
without modifying majorbbs.c so in that aspect it isn't an add-on but a system implementation too the core.

BUT.....

once accomplished we will be able to run addons through the web interface using rlogin.... it opens up a separate terminal window and connects via rlogin/ssh and passes the add-on to enter, after session is over it terminates and closes the window.

it is one of my mad science projects I have running on its own machine and I sort of have it working but I need it to work as an add-on only so no server stuff is touched.

Questman

Re: SSL/SSH

Post by Questman »

Hmm. What's the problem, exactly? How would Vircom's stack improve it? If it's a channel state limitation (and I think I've run into one where GALDNS doesn't execute callbacks before a user is fully online -- stupid) the module can't override that.
Founder, The Major BBS Restoration Project
Owner, Elwynor Technologies ISV
Former Owner, Galacticomm IP (2005-2020)
Contributor, Galacticomm IP baseline