Tele-Arena Platinum

Tele-Arena discussions
daniel_spain

Tele-Arena Platinum

Post by daniel_spain »

so the day I met Rick in 2005 was on my own bbs running Tele-Arena Platinum which was built on a worldgroup 2.0 system using the old dos codebase, it has since evolved and today is still online for players to enjoy. Completely custom this game has new races, new classes, new areas, it is loaded with tons of new things to enjoy, timed events, the list goes on. This game as of this writing is not for sale or distro but is online for your enjoyment. 1.0 has been online with the windows codebase since 2001 and 2.0 is currently in alpha on my test bbs and is adding a new Shaman class and Saurial race which is not in 1.0 right now so this will be a new addition for all.
in the future I may allow it to run on other systems, and if other systems want it now I may put up a DMA server for them to connect to, but for right now Platinum is there for your enjoyment. please feel free to play 1.0 live at bbs.arcticzonebbs.net or test the 2.0 alpha at testbbs.arcticzonebbs.net

robmich

Re: Tele-Arena Platinum

Post by robmich »

Daniel,

I would be very interested in a DMA connection. My very active TA userbase would be very happy to help debug.

Rob
ProStar Plus
prostarplus.com

Abraxis

Post by Abraxis »

robmich wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I would be very interested in a DMA connection. My very active TA userbase
> would be very happy to help debug.
>
> Rob
> ProStar Plus
> prostarplus.com

I would also be interested in a DMA connection. Will be a little bit, as I am still getting the system revived.
Abraxis/Len
Mainline Information Service

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

robmich wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I would be very interested in a DMA connection. My very active TA userbase
> would be very happy to help debug.
>
> Rob
> ProStar Plus
> prostarplus.com

ok so I just got the major tcp/ip package from its author about 3 years ago and never used it. I got my reg for everything including dma client for wg3..... with that being said I n need to email Sylvain to get more info. I only wanted it for this exact purpose.
to serve my tele-arena games to other systems. my platinum base is active too so I think some new faces will spice it up. the players themselves actually pushed me to do the 2.0 update due to exp tables being too large so they are quite critical too which is good.

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Abraxis wrote:
> robmich wrote:
> > Daniel,
> >
> > I would be very interested in a DMA connection. My very active TA userbase
> > would be very happy to help debug.
> >
> > Rob
> > ProStar Plus
> > prostarplus.com
>
> I would also be interested in a DMA connection. Will be a little bit, as I am still
> getting the system revived.

no problem...... gonna take me a bit to put hot all together.

Abraxis

Post by Abraxis »

daniel_spain wrote:
> robmich wrote:
> > Daniel,
> >
> > I would be very interested in a DMA connection. My very active TA userbase
> > would be very happy to help debug.
> >
> > Rob
> > ProStar Plus
> > prostarplus.com
>
> ok so I just got the major tcp/ip package from its author about 3 years ago and never
> used it. I got my reg for everything including dma client for wg3..... with that
> being said I n need to email Sylvain to get more info. I only wanted it for this
> exact purpose.
> to serve my tele-arena games to other systems. my platinum base is active too so I
> think some new faces will spice it up. the players themselves actually pushed me to
> do the 2.0 update due to exp tables being too large so they are quite critical too
> which is good.

Daniel,

I believe it’s the Vircom DMA server that’s what is needed. I also have the client package.
Abraxis/Len
Mainline Information Service

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Abraxis wrote:
> daniel_spain wrote:
> > robmich wrote:
> > > Daniel,
> > >
> > > I would be very interested in a DMA connection. My very active TA userbase
> > > would be very happy to help debug.
> > >
> > > Rob
> > > ProStar Plus
> > > prostarplus.com
> >
> > ok so I just got the major tcp/ip package from its author about 3 years ago and
> never
> > used it. I got my reg for everything including dma client for wg3..... with that
> > being said I n need to email Sylvain to get more info. I only wanted it for this
> > exact purpose.
> > to serve my tele-arena games to other systems. my platinum base is active too so
> I
> > think some new faces will spice it up. the players themselves actually pushed me
> to
> > do the 2.0 update due to exp tables being too large so they are quite critical
> too
> > which is good.
>
> Daniel,
>
> I believe it’s the Vircom DMA server that’s what is needed. I also have the client
> package.

i have codes for all in my email but newest ver i can find is 2.22 which is a worldgroup 2.0 distro.
i emailed and am awaiting response. never did a dma server on wg3 only my wg2 system.

enusbaum

Post by enusbaum »

Hey Dan - I'd love to get a copy to test on the emulator if it's built for WG 2.

What compiler did you use? Might help us implement some missing opcodes if it's more modern than what most the other 16-bit modules were built on.

Thanks!!
Developer, Reverse Engineer, MBBS/WG Enthusiast
Maintainer of The MajorBBS Emulation Project (MBBSEmu)

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

enusbaum wrote:
> Hey Dan - I'd love to get a copy to test on the emulator if it's built for
> WG 2.
>
> What compiler did you use? Might help us implement some missing opcodes if
> it's more modern than what most the other 16-bit modules were built on.
>
> Thanks!!

Bcc 5.5.2 because of SQLite.

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Tele-Arena Platinum 2.2 now has a test build online.... all the classes are active but the Necrolyte, Paladin, Monk, and Shaman
are incomplete.
This test-build of the game allows all players to access a set of testing commands to help them test the game including the ability to
edit themself, teleport to other rooms, conjure items, summon monsters, auto-learn spells, and a few more. "help beta" to see a full
list of commands. i still have a TON ore work planned for this game as well as an ending map of over 18,000 rooms. once in the game
either play normal, or edit yourself and type "goto" to see what region you can zip to and have some fun.
address is bbs.arcticzonebbs.net feel free to play and let me know what you think.