To those from South FL, where Galacticomm was KING! (Memories of an older man...)

The place to talk about the iconic BBS era
Carpesimia

Re: To those from South FL, where Galacticomm was KING! (Memories of an older man...)

Post by Carpesimia »

So, I've got a handful of source for stuff, and one of the things I had is a folder labeled "Moonshae".

So I opened dosbox and started it up. Its a shell, maybe the test bbs, v4.02 of the mbbs, and the main game module installed is Quest for Sorcery II.

But, no source for this folder. Game seems to work. BBS only has 4 (well, now 5) accounts.

So... kind of? Sort of?

Ah. I was gonna upload a pic of the console and main menu, but no images, eh?

Carpesimia

Re: To those from South FL, where Galacticomm was KING! (Memories of an older man...)

Post by Carpesimia »

Oh, btw, I grew up on the South Florida BBS scene. Moonshae, High Society, Realm of Legends, Logicomm, Loreli... these were my haunts. Still have many friends I made in those days...

Kracken

Post by Kracken »

Carpesimia wrote:
]
> So I opened dosbox and started it up. Its a shell, maybe the test bbs,
> v4.02 of the mbbs, and the main game module installed is Quest for Sorcery
> II.
>
> So... kind of? Sort of?
>
> Ah. I was gonna upload a pic of the console and main menu, but no images,
> eh?

Glad backups hold, this game was presumed lost to time...
According to Stryker, "Sorcery" should be a typical object crafting/interactive fiction in the like of Fazuul, Zorgon and Quest of the Alchemist.

You could send a screenshot to https://imgur.com/upload and paste the link here.

Questman

Post by Questman »

Carpesimia wrote:
> Oh, btw, I grew up on the South Florida BBS scene. Moonshae, High Society,
> Realm of Legends, Logicomm, Loreli... these were my haunts. Still have
> many friends I made in those days...

If I can ever find a real backup of Isles of Shae I will put it back online since I own Moonshae now. I loved that board. It was so cool, and so customized, one of the very first to really do that. And of course all the fantasy adventures were hosted there before there were any other major multiuser games.

High Society is still up - hs.hostleasing.net. I do miss Logicom and Loreli. I don't think I called RoL, but I wasn't SFL, I was NJ, and it was expensive to call all these boards.
Founder, The Major BBS Restoration Project
Owner, Elwynor Technologies ISV
Former Owner, Galacticomm IP (2005-2020)
Contributor, Galacticomm IP baseline