Project Phoenix

Have an idea or suggestion for features to be included in the upcoming The Major BBS v10? Let us know here
Abraxis

Project Phoenix

Post by Abraxis »

Project Phoenix, I’d like to say WOW! A very ambitious project, that I am really excited about! I look forward to the coming phases with great anticipation.

Abraxis
Mainline Information Services
Abraxis/Len
Mainline Information Service

Duckula

Re: Project Phoenix

Post by Duckula »

Thanks Abraxis, great to have you here and looking forward to your input!
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

banjaxster

Post by banjaxster »

yes I too look forward to a reboot of wg
it always seams that a reboot is started then fades away

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Yes there have been many false starts previously, however there is new vested interest and all I can say is we are excited to see what we can achieve as a community.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

Gangrif

Post by Gangrif »

I think we're all excited. Im looking forward to where this goes. :D
[Nate][VeNoM][Gangrif]
SySop of The Underground BBS
bbs.undrground.org

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Gangrif wrote:
> I think we're all excited. Im looking forward to where this goes. :D

one of the biggest stalls from previous though was availability.

Rick bought a TON of stuff but not everything was available and some things that came out in beta like IC died off due to stability issues, this is where he needed dev support from people willing to donate their time but then again trust becomes key in who you can and cannot trust your sources to.
Me personally I never asked to see his ta source I wrote my own tele-arena 5.6 source but in the end gave it to him.
We need devs that can be trusted to keep things closed til the point it is decided what gets opened and what doesn't.
Now with that being said EVERYONE is gonna offer and if that becomes the case maybe take it on an Addon by Addon case where you give them a program and let em run with it.
Me I love porting, I have ported everything from the bbs v5 era I can and am working on a galactic empire port as we speak. We need more Addon devs not just system devs. This way you can have the core being worked on and addons as well at the same time.
Would love to share all my ports and what nots but until we have a medium for that im keeping it quiet. When we have a place where we can publish files I got some stuff.

@Duckula .... we need to push either sqlite or json and eliminate btrieve. Seen pervasive's license nowadays? its ridiculous.
I have a small mud engine I wrote in sqlite I give away to devs wanting to see examples and Rick has one of my tele-arena classic sources with built-in editor. Sqlite is quick, easy, and embedded. When we get to discussing my newest Tele-Arena Game Engine you'll see just how involved iu am with that backend.
What I would love to see is 1 master database where installed addons maybe write out the tables they need? maybe im reaching there, that's probably a more mysql server thing but you get my idea. Btrieve is powerful I won't lie, but like all things, we need to move on.