MBBS v10 Open Beta Thread

A place to report feedback/issues with The Major BBS v10 official testing site
pete

Re: MBBS v10 Open Beta Thread

Post by pete »

Is it just me, or does the page up/page down not work on the Account screen?

Pete

banjaxster

Post by banjaxster »

try turning off the num lock,i found out that you have to turn it on for somethings and off for others

pete

Post by pete »

That didn't work for me. Still can't page through the accounts page. I just ordered an R430 for my home rack, and will be migrating off the cloud server to a self-hosted server next weekend.

If I can get Majormud to install fully, I'll be shutting down my MBBS4EVER server. I got Majormud installed but none of the options show up in the security and account menus on the config editor.

I managed to get a web terminal working through secure WebSockets and blocked incoming telnet sessions at my firewall. At least folks now have a secure connection to the BBS. It's still not displaying ANSI correctly though. Going to have to fiddle with Xterm.

My next project is setting up an SSH-Telnet proxy server, so anyone can use an ssh client to connect to the BBS.

Thanks for getting me a valid activation code. If I can get LORD and Majormud going, I think I'll be able to lure some of my old users back in. Please let me know how I can help keep this project moving forward. I'm not a coder, but I lead a team of software developers at my day job.

Pete

pete

Post by pete »

Found my answer for Majormud in another post. It's up and running. Going to shutdown MBBS4EVER and focus on v10. Thanks!

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

I have found the console screen to be hit and miss and the most reliable method is using the keypad pgdn/pgup.

It is something we are aware of and are looking at.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

pete

Post by pete »

I'm having issues with WGSDraw. Screen refreshes randomly screw up leaving menus behind or inserting random lines and skewing any drawings.

I'm running on Windows 11 and did a full install of V10 and am entering the draw via the menu editor. Any suggestions to get a stable way to create ansi menus?

Thanks,
Pete

pete

Post by pete »

I think I found a workable solution. When the screen gets "corrupted", hitting the spacebar on the bad lines updates that line. Toggling the quickview menu helps too.

Pete

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

pete wrote:
> I'm having issues with WGSDraw. Screen refreshes randomly screw up leaving
> menus behind or inserting random lines and skewing any drawings.
>
> I'm running on Windows 11 and did a full install of V10 and am entering the
> draw via the menu editor. Any suggestions to get a stable way to create
> ansi menus?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete

i use THEDRAW which is what gcomm modeled their editor after. beauty of thedraw though is you can add font packs.

pete

Post by pete »

I got TheDraw working on DosBox and it works like a champ!

Thanks,
Pete

pete

Majorlink

Post by pete »

Moved my v10 install from the cloud to an on-prem server, but I can't get Majorlink to connect. Is there a port other than telnet that needs to be open, or did I get blocked for having two copies trying to connect at the same time?

Thanks,
Pete