majormud 1.11p

Add-on module development discussions, including non-Galacticomm branded modules
Frank Dux

Re: majormud 1.11p

Post by Frank Dux »

Go into option 2 for the Design Menu Tree.

From here you have 2 options:

1. Hit ENTER on TOP and create a page that can be accessed from the main menu;
or
2. Create an orphan page, like you've done, which will not appear on the menu and likely require a "GO" option.

Since you've gone with 2:

Page Name: MUD
Use as a Menu, Module or File? Module
Allow "GO" to this module? Yes
Key Required for "GO"?: [Up to you]
Module Name: MajorMUD
Display Module Page Header?: [Up to you]

Unless you need a Command String, ENTER past that.
ENTER on Return to Menu Tree.

Your module is available online using: /GO MUD

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

OK the MajorMUD is now running on my BBS but I get the error that there are no more slots available to enter the game. Any suggestion on how to overcome this? Thank you.

Frank Dux

Post by Frank Dux »

For checks and balances, make sure your CNF Option "PLAYKEY" matches that of what you put on the menu page (Key Required for "GO"?: <KEY>)

Next up, the default license for BBSV6 was 2 - if you paid for a license seat of 8 for MUD but your board has a license for 2, you'll hit a hard limit and get the message you're describing.

Ensure your BBS and MUD license keys are correct and they have been entered exactly as they were given.

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

I'm not sure how I did it, but the majormud is working on the BBS, though I have to type go/majormud for the game to open, but once I do it plays very well. It appears as an option on the DOORS menu, but it does not work. I have to type go/majormud and it comes on. I have spent days this week trying to get the majormud going!!! I'm happy that it is done. Thank you very much.

Frank Dux

Post by Frank Dux »

Glad to hear it! In time, you'll get more comfortable with the BBS settings (and menus) and you can move things around and personalize everything.

I'm allergic to the way you have things setup but I understand you're getting reacquainted with the system :)

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

I ran a majormud on themajorbbs 6.25 for five years in the mid 1990s. It was my favorite door. My next challenge is to open a file library that contains books on stranger science etc. I actually got the library created, but I am not able to upload books to it. It ask for a path, which I gave for instance c:\main\library *.* but it won't add any of the books in that path. So I changed the name of the books to the old DOS naming style, but still no luck. Any ideas on this: I know it will be simpler than getting MajorMUD installed :) By the way, my board is called "MorningSide Mortuary", which was the name of my original BBS, and now my newly created file section is called "Morgue".

Aloha from Hawaii!

Frank Dux

Post by Frank Dux »

There's no area specifically here to address support for MBBS 6.25 so I'll go ahead and assist but am conscious this isn't Add-on related.

There's 2 things to consider here for your scenario.

1. You're trying to upload from the local console.
2. You're trying to upload from a Telnet application.

Not sure which you're using but let me assume you're using local console.

This is by no means the only way, this is one way you can accomplish your goal with minimal effort.

In the File Libraries module, from the "Morgue" Library, select O for Operations and then L to log files to this Library.

For "Enter source path to copy from (etc), put: c:\main\library\*.*

This *should* allow you to log the files in.

Another alternative means is to copy the files you want to the Morgue library in DOS (using XTree Gold ... of course), then again in the File Libraries module, from the "Morgue" Library, select O for Operations and then L to log files to this Library.

And this time just enter "*" which will just log everything that's in the folder.

Caveat for these options, the File Information will be blank for all files entered this way. These will needed to be manually added.

Alternatively, TELNETting from an application will allow you to upload files via Zmodem in the way you likely remember.

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

Thank you very much Frank:)