Turning Off The SYSOP Is Away Option

A place for new Sysops to meet, discuss their setup and get help.
Endyr

Turning Off The SYSOP Is Away Option

Post by Endyr »

I find it very annoying to get a message "SYSOP is away from the BBS", if I have not pressed a key for awhile. It usually comes on during the process of adding files to the board, as it sometimes takes a while to complete. Please tell me how to turn off this option. I could not find a setting for it in the board configuration Thank you very much.

Ragtop

Re: Turning Off The SYSOP Is Away Option

Post by Ragtop »

It's a setting in the FU Globals package online configuration. Set to 0 to disable.

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

Thank you Ragtop for the reply, but how, and where do I find the " FU Globals package online configuration"?

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Log on your board. Depends on the page name you gave it. Mine is GLBL, but yours may be different. That gives you all the options available in FU Globals. If you didn't give it an entry on your menu tree, which you probably didn't, use the /go command.

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

Hi Ragtop I found the option for AFK, and disabled it from the first choice on the top of that page. I saved, and the AFK warning still comes on. There was not an option to enter "0" to disable it. Further clarification will be of some help. Thank you.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Online CNF screen 6, selection 64. Zero to disable.

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

I don't get it. Is the "Online CNF screen 6, selection 64. Zero to disable" part of the "FU Globals" or some other configuration option for the BBS. I feel like I am going in circles here.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

It's FU Globals. You have to be logged in to the BBS. Go to the page for FU Globals and that's where you change the configuration. You may have to look at your menu tree to see the name of the page.

Endyr

Post by Endyr »

I know where the FUGlobal is located, I can find that easy enough by typing /go fuglobal, while online, it's the rest of your instructions that I find to be obtuse and incomplete.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Sorry, I'm not always the best teacher. Just ask my kids...

If you are online, logged on as Sysop, and in the FU Globals module, choose On-line CNF. Config Screen #6, selection 64. Enter 0 to disable. I wish I could post screen shots. That would make it easier.