Setting up sys goto and sys map in MMUD

Post your requests and suggestions for features, add-ons, etc here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Montroze

Setting up sys goto and sys map in MMUD

Post by Montroze »

Running a very old version 1.1s - WG 2.0 DOS flavor, anyone else running the old dos version that has changed these settings for users to have just those 2 options? goto and map....Thanks

dspain

Re: Setting up sys goto and sys map in MMUD

Post by dspain »

Montroze wrote:Running a very old version 1.1s - WG 2.0 DOS flavor, anyone else running the old dos version that has changed these settings for users to have just those 2 options? goto and map....Thanks
there is an INI file that sets permissions.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Create a text file called wccmmud.ini and any the following lines you wish to use to it:

SYS_DISABLE_GANGS=SYSOP
SYS_RESET_ROOMS=SYSOP
EXP_IN_TOPGANG=1
SYS_MAP_KEY=NORMAL
SYS_GOTO_KEY=WCCSYSGO
SYS_GOTO_SIL=WCCSYSGO
SYS_GOTO_NEW=WCCSYSGO
SYS_GOTO_KHAZ=WCCSYSGO
SYS_GOTO_LOST=WCCSYSGO
SYS_GOTO_SUPPORT=SYSOP
SYS_LIGHTNING_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_STATUS_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_ADDLIFE_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_RETRAIN_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_ALIGNMENT_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_EDITEVIL_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_SPEAK_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_LISTUSER_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_LISTLIMIT_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_USERINFO_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_JAIL_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_CHANGE_KEY=SYSOP

These are the keys I use on my board to allow specific mudop powers. You can name them whatever you want and assign them to individual users or by account class. I give all users sys map, using the NORMAL key, but only specific users get sys goto, using the WCCSYSGO key. Everything else is limited to the sysop account.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

Thank you, will try this out today.

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

For some reason that didn't work. I just changed the goto's for areas and map and used my GAMES key. Logging in an account without master and tried and did nothing buy say "sysop goto silvermere" checked that account key ring and it already had the GAMES key. ?

Junior1544

Post by Junior1544 »

Shouldn't it be Sys Goto Silver... Not sysop goto??

I don't know much about mmud, but I thought that command was sys, not sysop?
[url=Telnet://bbs.dragonskeep.isasecret.com]Telnet://bbs.dragonskeep.isasecret.com[/url]

SouthernCross

Post by SouthernCross »

Here is the Settings I use:

Notes ### Race and Class Change as well as Vacations is only available in 1.02x DLL and above. However, enabling vacation allows players to save their player files for long periods and make new ones, it is more trouble than what it is worth.

### Tournament Play is enabled in 1.00x, it is a free for all PVP time, Championship is also enabled in the same DLL, but takes up setting up the text blocks made for it.

### If you are using the Stock DLL, just the the Sys ones can be used or CODEC_OF_TWINKS. I do not advise using the CODEC tho.

### LLT is another major-mud add one like Entertainment. I have it for download.

MAXIMUM_BANK_BALANCE=0
BLANK_LASTNAME_ALLOWED=1
SYS_LIGHTNING_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_STATUS_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_ADDLIFE_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_RETRAIN_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_ALIGNMENT_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_EDITEVIL_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_SPEAK_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_LISTUSER_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_LISTLIMIT_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_USERINFO_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_JAIL_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_CHANGE_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_BUFFERS_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_CLEARSUICIDE_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_REPORT_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_TOPTEN_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_DISBAND_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_RELOAD_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_VERIFY_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_GOTO_KEY=
SYS_MAP_KEY=
EXP_TOP_GANG=1
LOG_SYSOP_COMMANDS=1
TOURNAMENT_PLAY=off
ENABLE_CLASS_CHANGE=1
SYS_LOG_DEATHS=1
KID_GLOVES=1
TRACK_LIMITED=1
RACE_CHANGE_DURATION=300
ENABLE_VACATION=0
CODEC_OF_TWINKS=(Disabled(78))
LLTMMINF_MUDINFO_ENABLED=1
LLTMMINF_SYSTEM_NOTES_FILE
LLTMMINF_MUDINFO_LIVESDISPLAY=2
LLTMMINF_MUDRANDOM_ENABLED=1
LLTMMINF_SHOW_EP_FORGIVE_RATES=1

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

Well I was able to pull up a posting from the old forumsHQ using the waybackmachine - it actually still let me link to post, It mentions clearing out the gameop or wccgameop and leaving that blank, could that possibly be why it didnt work for me ?

SouthernCross

Post by SouthernCross »

You have to set it up in your CNF under WCCMMUD, where it says has sys command, leave it blank.

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

SouthernCross wrote:You have to set it up in your CNF under WCCMMUD, where it says has sys command, leave it blank.
Tried this tonight and the player has all the sys options, that was using the first .ini list in this thread, I will try your .ini tommorrow.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Montroze wrote:
SouthernCross wrote:You have to set it up in your CNF under WCCMMUD, where it says has sys command, leave it blank.
Tried this tonight and the player has all the sys options, that was using the first .ini list in this thread, I will try your .ini tommorrow.
You can't leave it blank. If it's blank, everyone has all sysop functions. Leave SYSOPKEY set to sysop. Change GAMOPKEY to whatever key you want to assign the game-op powers to (I used wccgameop). The .ini file will then let you limit which game-op powers they actually have rather than giving them all.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

Ragtop wrote:Create a text file called wccmmud.ini and any the following lines you wish to use to it:

SYS_DISABLE_GANGS=SYSOP
SYS_RESET_ROOMS=SYSOP
EXP_IN_TOPGANG=1
SYS_MAP_KEY=NORMAL
SYS_GOTO_KEY=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_SIL=wccgameop <---
SYS_GOTO_NEW=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_KHAZ=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_LOST=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_SUPPORT=SYSOP
SYS_LIGHTNING_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_STATUS_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_ADDLIFE_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_RETRAIN_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_ALIGNMENT_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_EDITEVIL_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_SPEAK_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_LISTUSER_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_LISTLIMIT_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_USERINFO_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_JAIL_KEY=SYSOP
SYS_CHANGE_KEY=SYSOP

These are the keys I use on my board to allow specific mudop powers. You can name them whatever you want and assign them to individual users or by account class. I give all users sys map, using the NORMAL key, but only specific users get sys goto, using the WCCSYSGO key. Everything else is limited to the sysop account.
Ok I tried blanking out the key and it still gave all gameop commands, also changed it to wccgameop and used that in the .ini file and still gave all commands. Not sure what to try next. Is the problem the game is too old and or because its running on 2.0 DOS. ? (or both)

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

Ragtop wrote:
You can't leave it blank. If it's blank, everyone has all sysop functions. Leave SYSOPKEY set to sysop. Change GAMOPKEY to whatever key you want to assign the game-op powers to (I used wccgameop). The .ini file will then let you limit which game-op powers they actually have rather than giving them all.
Getting back to trying this, one thing that I didn't check was that all the sysop options worked? I'm thinking maybe that they are all listed but only the map and goto's work ? Or can I just create a .ini with these options in it.

SYS_MAP_KEY=DEMO
SYS_GOTO_KEY=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_SIL=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_NEW=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_KHAZ=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_LOST=wccgameop

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Montroze wrote:
Ragtop wrote:
Getting back to trying this, one thing that I didn't check was that all the sysop options worked? I'm thinking maybe that they are all listed but only the map and goto's work ? Or can I just create a .ini with these options in it.

SYS_MAP_KEY=DEMO
SYS_GOTO_KEY=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_SIL=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_NEW=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_KHAZ=wccgameop
SYS_GOTO_LOST=wccgameop
Using this setup, any users with the wccgameop key will have access to all game-op commands (not sysop commands). If you want to limit players to just sys goto, you need to add the other entries to the wccmmud.ini and change the key to sysop. I would add every option available to the ini file (they're listed in the wccmmsys.not file) and set the appropriate key. Any option you don't specifically put in there will go by the default, wccgameop, and give them those powers.

Seriously, if you just cut and paste the example I posted earlier, give the wccgameop key and the wccsysgo key to the players you want having sys goto power, and leave everything else as sysop, it will work perfectly.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS

Montroze

Post by Montroze »

Awesome it worked, many thanks !