Standalone Tele-Arena Win32 Server

Radio Free Worldgroup - off-topic discussions go here!

Moderator: Mod Squad

dspain

Standalone Tele-Arena Win32 Server

Post by dspain »

updated the core tonight with the following features:

accounts now are created by email address, you have the option in server.cfg to force all new accounts to be email verified with a 10 digit code.

each account now has a default of 4 character slots, this can be changed in server.cfg as well and when logged in you may enter the game with any of your characters.

this change was done after requests of not having to create a new account for multiple characters, however you still need to create additional accounts if you are multiboxing.

the verification feature goes two ways, email verification, if you enable this option all new accounts have to enter a 10 digit code the game will email to them during account creation, also if you do not want to enable email verification you can use standard verification where all new accounts can still play the game but are limited as if they are the equilivant of "DEMO users" with a level 6 limit until you manually verify them.

banjaxster

Post by banjaxster »

Will this ever be for sale? Also I have been trying to logon your server to get the telnet update,what is your address again?
Sysop of CedarValley & CedarNet BBSes
CedarValley BBS online since Oct 1998 WG 3.20
CedarNet online since Oct 2005 WG 3.30

dspain

Post by dspain »

banjaxster wrote:Will this ever be for sale? Also I have been trying to logon your server to get the telnet update,what is your address again?
the standalone isn't, its just a place people can come play the game.
im working on a client for wg to use to connect.

my servers are down another week or so while the t1 gets installed.

the wg module i wrote has the same features as the standalone minus the email verification stuff, it even has the multi character options.