New Board

A place to report feedback/issues with The Major BBS v10 official testing site
banjaxster

New Board

Post by banjaxster »

I recently setup a new board with the Majorbbs V10 and find it to be working fine.
The only problem I see so far is sometimes the config setting are missing for example the settings for majormud but I found the message mud exe and wa able to setup with that.also when you make a class and want to see the classes it says there are none but they are there.
I know that the majorbbs v10 is a beta and that there are a bunch of old WG stuff to remove yet.
I do miss the client server version,it's so much easier to do accounts and edit the menus and I still use it on my WG 3.20 and 3.30.
I am currently needing someone to edit my mud and need a mudop. If someone has the annex globals installs I would love to have it
Thanks for what you have done so far

banjaxster

Re: New Board

Post by banjaxster »

Well it's been one week since I put up my new board using majorbbs v10 and so far it's been stable
In the future are you going to have a web based side of the majorbbs?
I still wish the client server vers was still working, it was so much easier to do account info than terminal mode thats working now
Any word on the globals that are being worked on?

Duckula

Re: New Board

Post by Duckula »

In short, yes to both.

The web side of things is a more long term project as it needs a huge amount of work to bring it up to current technology.

There is no client/server planned however an updated web interface should allow for this kind of functionality (with respect to accounting).

Finally, the FU globals package has been ported to v10 and is in the final stages of internal testing. I am expecting a public test release this week.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner