macbook air core i5

Radio Free Worldgroup - off-topic discussions go here!

Moderator: Mod Squad

dspain

macbook air core i5

Post by dspain »

so i said with and went out saturday and bought a mac book air, my first non windows driven pc.

its a fast little thing but i am trying to display my system specs, any idea how?

Toyduck

Re: macbook air core i5

Post by Toyduck »

dspain wrote:so i said with and went out saturday and bought a mac book air, my first non windows driven pc.

its a fast little thing but i am trying to display my system specs, any idea how?
Use a Windows emulator :D

dspain

Post by dspain »

Toyduck wrote:
dspain wrote:so i said with and went out saturday and bought a mac book air, my first non windows driven pc.

Use a Windows emulator :D
well once my tele-arena win32 engine is done i was gonna work on a java game engine that can be used as a framework for any type of game it will basically provide the tools, and since java is universal i wanted to be able to test compatibility, so i got this macbook air to test with a mac, i got slack ware unix installed on another pc and well i got plenty of windows pcs floating around.

Vector

Post by Vector »

Click the apple logo in the upper left, click on "About this Mac"

You'll get basics there, for even more click on "More Info" on that page and it'll launch System Profiler, or launch the System Profiler app under Utilities in finder.
--- Vector (aka Dave)
--- Starbase 21 BBS (formerly The MainStay BBS)
--- telnet://bbs.starbase21.net

dspain

Post by dspain »

Vector wrote:Click the apple logo in the upper left, click on "About this Mac"

You'll get basics there, for even more click on "More Info" on that page and it'll launch System Profiler, or launch the System Profiler app under Utilities in finder.
oh nice, yeah 1.7 core i5 4gb ram 384mb intel graphics, not too bad for a web/email only pc.

Toyduck

Post by Toyduck »

dspain wrote: well once my tele-arena win32 engine is done i was gonna work on a java game engine that can be used as a framework for any type of game it will basically provide the tools, and since java is universal i wanted to be able to test compatibility, so i got this macbook air to test with a mac, i got slack ware unix installed on another pc and well i got plenty of windows pcs floating around.
CoffeeMud is an open source java engine for mud type games. Built in map editor, character editor, etc. Pretty complete.

dspain

Post by dspain »

Toyduck wrote:
dspain wrote: well once my tele-arena win32 engine is done i was gonna work on a java game engine that can be used as a framework for any type of game it will basically provide the tools, and since java is universal i wanted to be able to test compatibility, so i got this macbook air to test with a mac, i got slack ware unix installed on another pc and well i got plenty of windows pcs floating around.
CoffeeMud is an open source java engine for mud type games. Built in map editor, character editor, etc. Pretty complete.
yeah i rememeber that from a while ago.

Toyduck

Post by Toyduck »

dspain wrote:
Toyduck wrote:
yeah i rememeber that from a while ago.
I have CoffeeMud running a game on my system now in the MUD section; Chronicles of Zen, at http://informationware.com, if you want to see it in action.